Wednesday, June 15, 2016

M.A.C Eyes X 9 : Tinashe (Limited Edition, Online Exclusive)

I think by merely writing this post I have broken one of my very first rules of eye shadow purchasing... the pre-blended palette. But to be fair, this one is awesome and I couldn't resist. Over the past year I dallied with the thought of purchasing a x 9 palette, but I stuck to my guns. Until Tinashe came my way. I have absolutely no idea who Tinashe is, but apparently she is female musical visionary, which is why M.A.C teamed up with her to make a 'style your own signature look'. I was aimlessly trawling the M.A.C website when I saw exactly what I wanted. A palette with a mix of colours and textures, from light to dark, matte to pearl, and not one of them featured in my current collection! So I did it. I broke the rules and bought the Tinashe x 9 palette.


Limited Edition "Tinashe" x 9 Palette




Colours and Finishes Up Close


Lustre  

Vulnerable: Soft Pearly Purple (Lustre)
Gleam : Barely Pinked Gold (Permanent)



'Smoothly pearlised; intensely frosted with a deluxe ultra-fine "conditioned" look finish'




Satin 


Amethyst: Deep Purple with Pink Pearl
Revelry: Mauvey Purple Grey 




'Pure colour in a satin-style finish. Provides a soft, subtle, non-frost, light-refractive sheen'




Frost 


Midnight Sun :Simmering Mocha 



'An iridescent shine that adds a highlight to any colour'









Quarry: Soft muted plumbrown (Permanent)


Matte

'Hi-colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish'

Velvet

Black Water : Black with Gold Pearl

'Soft-look finish with high-colour intensity. Has a plush, velvety look and feel'

Veluxe Pearl













Flame : Mint Silver Shimmer
All Hands On Deck:Light Green Shimmer









'Super fine, richly pigmented shadow that is a luxe to apply. Shimmering metallic. High shine pearl finish'








Trial Run



In the car, no lighting
In office, fluorescent lighting


Gleam on lids,  Quarry in crease, Revelry darken crease, Flame inner eyelid and brow bone.




The Wrap


I in no way regret this purchase. I have reached for this palette nearly every day since I opened it and been able to wear all of the colours as they blend so well together. I would say this is the very first palette I know I will really use. Most of the colours are limited edition, but I know I will add the permanents to my Pro-Palette... in fact I was eyeing off Gleam a long time ago.

If you like what you see, make sure you go online to nab your palette soon as it is an online exclusive and limited edition.

So I broke my own rules...well, all I can say is that rules are made to be broken and I had a lot of fun doing it!

xoAllisonWonderland


No comments:

Post a Comment