Monday, June 1, 2015

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup


My apologies faithful readers, I had promised a review on Estée Lauder's Double Wear Foundation about three weeks ago, but unfortunately I broke my hand on that day leaving me stranded without the ability to use a keyboard. Thanks to the lovely microphone on my google keyboard which I only just discovered, I can now, albeit belatedly, write this post.

In all honestly, I have actually been using both the new MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof foundation and the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation for the last 3 weeks and have noticed quite a difference between the two. But it wouldn't be very fair to unveil my conclusion right now without going through the motions.I decided that I should follow exactly the same process as for my MAC review, so here we go...

On Your Marks....

The first part is always the hardest. I love it when celebrities post photos of themselves sans makeup, or WHO does a 'Stars Without Makekup' special, but honestly, are they for real? I'm here to tell you that my photos are the real deal. I don't own Photoshop and I also don't think it fair on my lovely readers or the experiment in itself to cheat. So here goes nothing... Once more a clean slate and no makeup. Just my Cheezle routine of cleanser, toner, Santal Oil, moisturiser, eye crème and MAC primer serum. That's it. Now I have written it all down it does seem like a lot...

Somebody looks like an unhappy camper... The flash isn't fair

Get Set...

I was quite lucky when I went to the Estée Lauder counter at Myer in the city. I got a pretty decent sample of the foundation in Cool Bone which I am still using. The colour is quite good in terms of a match and the consistency is a lot more liquid than the MAC foundation. It goes on easily enough with the fingers however the sales assistant did advise that a brush should be used. Estée Lauder describes the foundation as 15 hour long wearing, medium coverage and (if you weren't already convinced) their #1 makeup. I think we will be the judge of that!

As with the MAC foundation it is buildable to quite a full coverage. After applying the foundation I used my MAC concealer, Nutrimetics powder then some of my YSL Touche Eclat highlighter. An important point to note is that the foundation dries really quickly rendering it difficult to add anything on top, highlighter for example. Let's see if our unhappy camper looks a little more chipper now.

A little better... although I'm beginning to think the subject just doesn't like camping!

And We're Off!

Now for the fun part. To keep the variables to a minimum, I used exactly the same colours as for the MAC review. I had read some reviews on Make-up Alley that suggested that faces appear to be quite white in photos, so I decided to take a few shots in different lights, with and without flash.

Low light
Morning light no flash

Behold! The Results...

I think our camper has ditched the tent and gone home to civilisation. I guess her chances of becoming a contestant on 'Survivor' is no longer on the cards for her.
Camping is sooo overrated anyway. 
Morning light flash

So... What do you think?

 

xo AllisonWonderland

 

Next up : Foundation Face-Off... MAC v Estée Lauder - Winner takes all (or at least, my purchase...)








No comments:

Post a Comment